Procedure terms and conditions
- All applications and nominations have to be in English and shall be subject to the terms and conditions.
- Following the closing deadline for submitting an application and/or a nomination application, as communicated on the GIWA’s official website, the GIWA Committee will perform a pre-screening check to confirm that the candidates fulfil the entry eligibility criteria and meet the disclosed qualifications. The entry eligibility criteria are defined as follows: a) Greek or Greek-Cypriot origin or citizenship, b) above 18 years of age and of registered female gender when submitting their application and c) a career with international aspect (d) the data of the application is accurate and true and (c) the content of the application is not offensive and/or aghast the awards values Those that do, will proceed to Phase 1 below.
- Phase 1 – Short Listing: Top eight (8) applications per category will move to Phase 2. These applications will be pre-screened by an accredited process reviewer and rated by the two (2) Judges who will shortlist the 8 finalists. In the event of a tie, all candidates’ applications will pass to Phase 2.
- The Judges will be required to review the applications of the short-listed candidates that passed to the second phase. The assessment of the candidates will be based on a ranking system from one (1) to five (5) points whereas five (5) points shall be given to the candidate whom the Judge considers as most suitable for the GIWA award.
- Phase 2 – Public Voting: The public, acting as the third and final judge, will shape the result, by influencing at a percentage 33% (1/3) the outcome. Through the public voting process, the public will review the profile of the shortlisted candidates per category and they will be requested to vote up to three (3) candidates per category.
- The winning candidate per category will be the one who has collected the highest score. The final score will be shaped by the judges at a rate of 66.6% and the public voting at a rate of 33.3%.
1st Judge 1-10 points per candidate based on criteria (see item 7) 66.6% 2nd Judge 1-10 points per candidate based on criteria (see item 7) Public Points proportional to the voting results 33.3% Total Points of 1st Judge +Points of 2nd Judge + points of Public 100%
- The Judges’ decision will be based on the assessment of the bio and/or any support material that the candidates may be requested to submit to support their application.
- The candidates be notified about the process of their application and the final outcome. Formal communication for every step of the procedure will be announced on the GIWA’s official website.
- The names of all candidates per category together with a summary bio will be published at least two weeks before the opening of the public voting period on GIWA’s official website. The public voting will last for a month. Exact timeline and public voting procedure will be communicated through the GIWA official website and social media.
- The announcement of the GIWA award winners will occur on the GIWA awards ceremony. The ceremony’s information will be communicated through GIWA’s official website.
- GIWA Committee reserves the right to review and revise these terms and conditions unilaterally through announcement on the GIWA official website.